PADI Rescue Diver
Who should take this course?
Scuba divers describe the PADI Rescue Diver course as the most challenging, yet most rewarding course they’ve ever taken. Why? Because you learn to prevent and manage problems in the water, and become more confident in your skills as a diver, knowing that you can help others if needed. During the course, you learn to become a better buddy by practicing problem solving skills until they become second nature. Plus, the course is just fun – it’s serious, but still allows for lots of laughter in between the focused learning.
Advanced Open Water Divers from any certification agency may enroll in a Rescue Diver course. You also need to have (CPR and First Aid) training within the past 24 months. You must complete this training prior to the Rescue Diver course.
What will you learn?The PADI Rescue Diver course prepares you to deal with dive emergencies, minor and major, using a variety of techniques. Through knowledge development and rescue exercises, you learn what to look for and how to respond. During rescue scenarios, you put into practice your knowledge and skills. Topics include:
- Self rescue
- Recognizing and managing stress in other divers
- Emergency management and equipment
- Rescuing panicked divers
- Rescuing unresponsive divers
CPR + First Aid Requirement
Course fees are all inclusive.
- ALL SCUBA DIVING equipment for the duration of the course. You are not required to purchase or hire anything else.
- All training and certification fees. This includes PADI eLearning, Confined and Open Water Training.